I’m sending this on crutches. It’s a story full of painful irony, as I had a mobility scooter battery fall on me! I’m getting better and using this time to give my foot a rest, but also a creative business overhaul.
I’ve made a 10-point check list of things that I want to examine about my creative business. I wanted to share it with you, as it might help you to check that you are happy and making the most of your business, project or career.
This is what I have been contemplating:
- What areas of the business are bringing me pleasure?
- What areas of the business are being a pains in the arse (or foot!)
- What areas are taking too much of my time and not bringing in enough reward/ income?
- Looking at the skills I have, where else can I put them to use?
- What connections would be a good fit for me and- how can we collaborate together?
- If money or time were no object, what would I do with the business?
- What exciting events, workshops or training can I offer?
- When I was starting my business, what were the things that I found most hard to do?
- What excited me most when I was starting out?
- What help do I need to move my business forward?
Number 10 is always a hard one to answer as we don’t like to let go of the reins when we have been doing everything ourselves. In order for our business or project to grow, sometimes we need to acknowledge that we need some help along the way- even if only for one day a week.
What are you working on at the moment that you need some help with? Do share your story in the comments below, we might be able to help you with it.
I have a quote above my desk that helps me stay focussed that I would like to share with you.
“It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little.”